Just in time for the holidays Frontier today releases the new Elite: Dangerous Alpha Phase 1.1 - Single Player combat, which is an updated version of 1.0 with new stereoscopic 3D features we are testing.
We'd like to thank everyone for their positive feedback on the Alpha test so far. Craig Pearson from the Rock, Paper, Shotgun website got a hands-on look at the Alpha Phase 1.0 build, and you can read his impressions in a detailed piece here.
To get the latest build Alpha backers can simply re-download the Alpha build from the Elite: Dangerous online store as before. If you want to get involved, access to the ongoing Alpha testing phases can still be purchased from the store.
Alpha Phase 1.1 includes the following in addition to the 1.0 content:
• A selection of stereoscopic 3D support options added
- Oculus Rift
- Side-by-side 3D rendering for use with 3D TVs / monitors
- Anaglyph rendering: old school Red/Cyan rendering for those without Oculus Rift or a 3D TV but with some vintage red/cyan glasses
• Track IR support added
• Dashboard brightness option added
• Improved build stability
• Assorted improvements from Alpha feedback
Have a Happy Holidays! The Elite: Dangerous team is going to take a well-deserved rest now – although there will be people supporting Alpha backers over the holidays - and we’ll be back in the New Year with a bang!